Everyone’s allowed a pudding once in a while, so why not try this classic family favourite? You can use cooking apples or ordinary apples which may need less sugar.
Serves: 6 Time: 45 minutes
For the crumble:
- 125g plain flour
- 75g low-fat spread
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g rolled oats
For the fruit:
- 750g Bramley apples
- 1tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp low-fat spread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) or gas mark 5.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Rub the spread into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar and oats.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples and toss with the sugar and orange juice. Arrange the slices of apple in an ovenproof dish.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture and dot with spread.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with reduced-fat custard or reduced-fat creme fraiche.
- Use full-fat spread if you are cooking for under-twos.
- Turn your crumble pink! Add a handful of blackberries with the apples.
|% of your Guideline
Daily Amount (GDA)
|Energy||230 kcal 968 (kJ)|
Guideline Daily Amounts (GDAs) are guidelines about the approximate amount of particular nutrients and calories required for a healthy diet.