Serves: 5 portions Time: 30 minutes
- 3 large eating apples
- 3 ripe pears
- Peel and core the apples and pears. Chop them into small, even-sized pieces.
- Put the apples and pears into a pan, add 3tbsp of water and cover.
- Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 10–15 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Mash lightly with a fork or potato masher.
Divide the pudding into individual portions and when cool pop the spare portions into the fridge or freezer.