Serves: 2 portions Time: 25 minutes
- 1 banana
- 2–3 tbsp custard powder
- 150ml whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) or gas mark 4.
- Peel the banana and slice it in two along the length.
- Put it into an ovenproof dish.
- Cover the dish with tin foil or a lid and bake for 10–15 minutes until the banana is soft.
To make the custard
- Put the milk and the custard powder into a saucepan and stir on a low heat until the custard thickens – do not let the mixture boil.
- Pour over the banana and leave to cool before serving.
You can refrigerate any leftovers but this recipe may not freeze well.