A lovely pasta bake that the whole family will love, with herbs, delicious vegetables and a cheesy topping.
Serves: 4 adults Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 200g dried pasta (macaroni or similar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh oregano (or 1tsp dried)
- Small bunch of fresh basil (or 1tsp dried)
- 4 chopped fresh medium tomatoes
- 1 large courgette, sliced into rounds
- 200g broad beans
- 125ml vegetable stock made from ½ a low salt stock cube
- Pepper to taste
- A handful of grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) or gas mark 4.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet and drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil in another saucepan, add the onions and then the garlic and cook slowly until they are tender and golden.
- Stir in the herbs and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes, then add the courgette, beans, water and pepper to taste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine the pasta and vegetables, place in a baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top, then cover and cook for 30–35 minutes.
- Use strong Cheddar so you don’t need to use as much. Reduced-fat cheese is good too. Use full-fat cheese if you are cooking for under-twos.
- Red peppers also work well in this dish – add them with the courgette.
|% of your Guideline
Daily Amount (GDA)
|Energy||302 kcal 1268 (kJ)|
Guideline Daily Amounts (GDAs) are guidelines about the approximate amount of particular nutrients and calories required for a healthy diet.