A Spanish classic: have it with a salad for a delicious light lunch.
Serves: 1 adult Time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ red or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 25g frozen peas
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- Boil the potato for 8–10 minutes.
- While the potato is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, pepper and garlic for a few minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Add the peas, drained potatoes and tomatoes.
- Next beat the eggs together in a bowl and pour into the frying pan over the vegetables.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then place under a grill on medium heat for 3–5 minutes until the egg has set and the top is golden brown.
- Make sure the eggs are within their best before date and are cooked completely through.
- For younger babies, when you’re introducing solids after six months, you can make the omelette easier for them to eat by ma
shing it up.
|% of your Guideline
Daily Amount (GDA)
|Energy||339 kcal 1424 (kJ)|
Guideline Daily Amounts (GDAs) are guidelines about the approximate amount of particular nutrients and calories required for a healthy diet.