Apples, blackberries, peaches and plums are all in season in the autumn, so why not make a delicious treat? If you can’t find fresh berries why not try frozen – they will work just as well. It’s delicious for breakfast with yoghurt – or you could cover the fruit in porridge oats or make a crumble top and have it for pudding!
Serves: 2 adults Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large apples
- Punnet of blackberries (or as many as you have)
1. Put some water in a saucepan (enough to cover the bottom of the pan).
2. Peel and cut up two large apples, then put them in the pan (you might want to add a little sprinkle of sugar to sweeten).
3. Cook the fruit over a medium heat until the apple pieces soften.
4. Throw in some blackberries and cook gently until the apple has softened and gone purple.
- Make a crunchy top by sprinking some porridge oats over the top and baking for 15 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Why not add a pinch of cinnamon? It’ll make your fruit smell delicious and taste even yummier.