A delicious refreshing dessert that’s good for you too!
Serves: 2 adults Time: 15 minutes
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 4 strawberries, quartered
- 10 grapes, halved and seeded
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Juice of two oranges or 100ml of 100% unsweetended orange juice
- Mix up the prepared fruit in a large serving bowl.
- Add the orange juice and it’s ready to serve. Or, if you like, put it in the fridge for an hour or so to let the fruit flavours mingle.
- You can use pineapple juice instead of orange juice.
- Try using different fruit – raspberries, blueberries and cherries are lovely and good value in season. Ripe melon and pear also work well.
- You can eat your fruit salad as a snack, dessert or with cereal at breakfast.
- Blend any unused fruit with plain low-fat yoghurt for a delicious smoothie.
|% of your Guideline
Daily Amount (GDA)
|Energy||146 kcal 613 (kJ)|
Guideline Daily Amounts (GDAs) are guidelines about the approximate amount of particular nutrients and calories required for a healthy diet.