Serves: 10 portions Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 1 small cauliflower, or ½ a large one
- About 90ml water
- Small amount of milk (you can use whole cow’s milk, breast milk or infant formula milk)
- Wash and peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and wash them.
- Put the water into a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Add the sweet potato and cauliflower to the saucepan and simmer gently until tender (about 10 minutes). If they start getting dry, add a little more water.
- Mash vegetables and add a little milk before serving.
Divide any leftovers into individual portions and freeze for later. You can also serve this mash with a little pureed meat, fish or lentils or other pulses for a more complete meal.