Stay healthy with this tasty stir-fry. These fresh vegetables have lots of vitamins – and they’re a good source of fibre, too.
Serves: 4 adults Time: 20 minutes
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek
- 100g broccoli
- 1 pepper (any colour)
- 1tsp oil
If you like spicy food, you may want to add a little chopped garlic, fresh ginger or chilli – but go easy if you’re cooking for a child.
1. Wash the carrot, leek, broccoli and pepper.
2. Cut both ends off the carrot, peel it and cut it into thin strips.
3. Cut both ends off the leek and cut it into rings.
4. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
5. Cut the stalk end off the pepper, remove the seeds from the inside and slice it into strips.
6. Put the oil into a large saucepan or wok and heat it until the oil is hot. The oil should sizzle when you add the vegetables.
7. Add the vegetables.
8. Cook for 3–5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Serve the stir-fry with rice or noodles and, if you like, cooked chicken or salmon.