This comforting dish is just the thing for making the most of your winter root veg basket.
Serves: 2 adults Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 200g mixed frozen vegetables
- Peel and thinkly slice:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 parsnip
- 1 carrot
- Half a small turnip
- 1 onion
- 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube, mixed in with a pint of boiling water
- Pepper to taste
- Crusty bread
- Brown the vegetables in a pan over a low heat.
- When the vegetables are brown layer them evenly in the pan then add the stock.
- Cover the pan and simmer for around half an hour until the vegetables are soft (add more water if you need to, to stop it from sticking).
- Add as much pepper as you like.
- Serve with crusty bread.
- If you’re making this for children under two years old, just add plain water instead of stock.
- If you’re cooking for a baby who’s new to solid foods, mash the stovie up with a fork before you serve it, to make sure it’s soft enough.
|% of your Guideline
Daily Amount (GDA)
|Energy||163 kcal 685 (kJ)|
Guideline Daily Amounts (GDAs) are guidelines about the approximate amount of particular nutrients and calories required for a healthy diet.