- Get an application leaflet – see below where you can get it from. You need to fill in Part A of the application form carefully in black ink using CAPITAL letters.
- Take the form to your midwife or health visitor and ask them to fill in and sign Part B (you do not need to pay for this).
- Make sure all the information on the form is correct and that you and your health professional have both signed and dated it. IMPORTANT: forms that have not been signed by a health professional cannot be accepted so make sure you do not miss this step out.
- Send the form to us at the address below – either write the address on a plain envelope (you don’t need a stamp) or use the freepost envelope at the back of the application leaflet if you have one.
Healthy Start Issuing Unit
PO Box 1067
How to get the application leaflet
You can get an application leaflet by:
- asking your midwife or health visitor for one
- calling the Healthy Start helpline on 0345 607 6823 and asking them to send one to you by post
- filling in the form online and then printing it off to check and sign
- emailing a blank form (PDF) to yourself
- or downloading it directly from this website. If you are emailing a blank application form to yourself or downloading it from this website, you will need to have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print it.